Wednesday, March 11, 2020

TV Time

It's been about a year since I've written about what TV shows we're watching.

Vikings has been on hiatus since December. I'm surprised how much I've been enjoying this season compared to last season. The show continues to kill off its stars; I'm not sure what will happen next. I'm a little wary because a few of the characters went to Iceland, and I hated the Iceland storyline last season. Oh well, only a half season to go.

Homeland is back after two years for its final season. I'm intrigued by what happened to Carrie in Russia and Sunday's episode about the loss of two presidents was suspenseful.

Outlander is a bit of a mixed bag. I As I said last year, I hated Brianna's visit to Bonnet for "closure."  It just opened her up to more possible victimization, and I don't want to watch that. Now Brianna is just waiting to be terrorized.

One episode this season seemed to be a stand-alone horror show of abuse and torture. While I haven't read the books (except the first) this show didn't appear to advance the story at all. It was well-acted, but I wonder if it was necessary. I, for one, want to see the start-up to the American Revolution.


Nancy Drew is a show that I was psyched to see. This isn't your mother's Nancy Drew or my Nancy Drew. Nancy is in a new city Horseshoe Bay, Maine (not River Heights in the books.) In this series Nancy even has sex with Nick (pka Ned Nickerson.)  The biggest change to the tone of the books is the element of the occult. I'm not sure how I feel about it, or about the series in general. But I'm in for all the Nancy I can get.

Batwoman--I've lost interest in this show. It started when an episode suddenly appeared that was a crossover with other shows. I actually thought we had recorded the wrong show. It broke up the Batwoman story and added elements that I didn't care about. We've watched more episodes, but meh.

Hawaii Five-O
 and Magnum PI are shows that Jeff records. They're okay to good, but I won't miss them when they're gone.


The Last Czars is a six part docudrama that we finished watching last night. It had been released last July, but I just heard about it recently.  I enjoyed it. I never realized that Nicholas was anti-Semitic and authorized pogroms. The film Nicholas and Alexandra portrayed him as more naive and incompetent and less evil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment