Tuesday, January 4, 2022

2022 Book One: The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir

I read most of this book in 2021, but I count it when I finish it. It's always interesting to find new information about subjects I've read about before and seen in films and television series. Of course, historians and novelists often have different interpretations of events. I don't remember reading before that Anne Boleyn was involved in or at least condoned the attempt to poison John Fisher the Bishop of Rochester, except in some work by Phillipa Gregory who was very anti-Anne.

Weir writes biographies as well as novels. In my book sale books, I have Weir's novel about Katherine of Aragon. It will be interested to compare it to the Katherine Aragon section in The Six Wives book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment