Monday, January 3, 2022

Transition to 2022

A few final numbers for 2021: 

Gym Visits: 87 from June 17 to December 31. I went to the gym four times a week 11 times; three visits a week ten times; two weekly visits three times; and I made one visit a week four times. I didn't make specific goals for the year since the gym was closed in early 2021. I'm returning to the goal of 150 gym visits for 2022

New Books Read: 33 versus a goal of 30. I'd like to read 35 books this year. 

Blogposts: 192 versus a goal of 200. I want to keep the goal of 200. 

Today I'm going to focus on short term goals for today. 

I already missed a goal of getting up with the alarm at 6:30 (I got up at 7 instead.) I had some trouble sleeping due to a sore neck and right before the alarm went off, I dreamed that a woman burned me with a curling iron. 

I'm not going to beat myself up too much about it. Many people give up on their goals and resolutions at the first setback. I once read an article that most people abandon resolutions by January 21. That's why I prefer the term goal to resolution. 

I will take Lola out of course for a good walk. I'll exercise here (my neck is still sore.) I'll make a grocery list. I'll finish packing up the Christmas decorations (I boxed the ornaments yesterday.) 

I got my first email from The New York Times Eat Well Challenge about mindful eating. I'm supposed to choose one eating habit I'd like to change. I'm choosing later at night deserts and snacks. I think it's fine to have a cookie or two, candy, or a mini ice cream bar after dinner, but if I make it to say 9 PM without a snack, I don't want to eat then. 

More importantly, I need to write today. I'm wavering if I want to make goals based on time (e.g. write for an hour) or production (write 500 words or three pages.) Today I'll write for one hour on my time travel book and research for one hour on my Merwinsville book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment