Saturday, January 1, 2022

More on Books Read in 2021

I was pleased with the variety of books I read this year: history, mystery/suspense, science fiction, fantasy, and memoir.

My favorites were: Hour of the Witch, Anne Boleyn, Paradise Alley, and Bloodless. The toughest read was One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

I had wanted to read more black women authors and read There is Confusion by Jesse Redmon Fauset and Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. I also have Jubilee by Margaret Walker in my TBR (to be read) pile.

In addition to Jubilee, I have these books from library sales this year: Katherine of Aragon The True Queen by Alison Weir, War and Peace by Leon Tolstoy, and Sense and Sensibility and Emma by Jane Austen. First, I need finish The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir. 

Those books should keep me busy for a few months. I've been keeping a list of books to read and will keep my eyes open for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment