Monday, January 31, 2022

Weather Update

Today temperatures rose to 30 degrees. It hurts to have to write that. But we're in Connecticut in January.

Norwalk got off lucky with the blizzard Saturday; we got about eight inches of snow. There was also a lot of wind which conveniently blew all the snow off my car and from around it. 

On Sunday and today, I took Lola to Oyster Shell Park for walks. Yesterday, some people were sledding. One hill was a good one, but I saw a guy overshoot the bottom and land in some bushes. Another hill didn't have that problem, but the snow cover was patchy. 

No sledding today. In a clean patch of snow, I saw the initials S&D enclosed in a heart. A few yards away, I saw another heart with the initials S&A. S gets around, but at least is open about it. 

I'm looking forward to temperatures in the forties in a few days, but dreading the resulting mud and puddles. 

And so it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment