Saturday, June 4, 2022

CrimeCONN Mystery Lovers' Conference

Today I attended the CrimeConn Conference at the Ferguson Library in Stamford. I had previously gome physically in 2018 and then virtually in 2020 and 2021. This year's theme was The End of the World As We Know It.

I signed up early to get the Early Bird Discount (one frugal thing.) Later I learned that the New Canaan Nature Center had a Bird Bonanza today. I'm sorry I missed that. I hope there will be one in the fall. 

The conference was great. I enjoyed the panel discussions and the interview. 

Desmond Hall's lunchtime seminar was worth the price of admission alone. In under an hour, he summarized steps needed to create a main character. We had five minutes to work on our own character. Desmond asked for volunteers to share what they wrote; I raised my hand. Why not get some professional advice?

I came home full of thoughts and ideas, and feeling optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment