Thursday, June 16, 2022

More on Art Journaling

About two weeks ago, I brought my box of art journal supplies into the living room to file new clippings I had made. I didn't put the box back into the second bedroom closet; last night I finally worked on the journal again. 

While I didn't create any new pages, I added to some, mostly using some leftover contact paper I found while cleaning the closet. It was too folded to work well on a window, but it was perfect for my art journal. 

This is my third art journal. When I first started, I didn't really know what I was doing. In many ways, I still don't. I lost my second art journal for awhile; it's sitting in the closet now. I think I did a few pages on Casablanca and Bette Davis.

In my third and current journal, I prepared some pages for the first time with a variety with gesso, acrylic paint, watercolor, stamps, and miscellaneous collage elements. Some pages are blank. 

I recently mentioned that I had two pages I especially liked. Looking through the journal last night, I found many pages that I liked. That was unusual.  I experimented with different materials--I even used a short, narrow piece of tile (?) that I found in the elevator. 

I just stopped writing because I decided my pages of Nicholas II and his family needed some religious medals. It just so happens that I have a grab bag of religious charms and added a few to that page. 

It's weird, but as I work in a page, I sometimes think about what I can do in my next journal. Maybe I should appreciate this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment