Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Happy Summer

I didn't realize today was the Summer Solstice; I thought it was the 22nd. We've had nice weather, avoiding the 100+ degree weather that ravaged other parts of the country. 

Now that it's officially summer, I have to work on my summer fun list. 

*  1 and 2 (maybe 3?) are mini getaways. We've already talked about Salem and Rehoboth Beach/Lewes. 

*  3 Go to art shows. I've already been to two; I know of at least one more in Norwalk. 

*  4 An oldie but goodie, eat lobster roll by the water. 

(True confession--I remember "oldie but goodie" from M*A*S*H Henry was reading through all of Klinger's excuses for a leave: "Here's an oldie but goodie, half the family dying, the other half pregnant.")

* 5  Go antiquing with Chris and Roberta.

* 6  Visit Merwinsville Hotel one Sunday in July.

It's a doable list. I don't want to go crazy with plans. Plus there's also autumn to do fun things. Hey, I should do fun things all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment