Sunday, June 19, 2022

Dreaming Up a Plot

Last night I dreamed of a story set in a dorm of some sorts. A friend wakes a young woman who had been sleeping all day. Later the woman orders a drink on credit. There's some discussion with the bartender, and it's clear that the woman can't just pay for the drink and settle the bill. Somehow she has got herself into debt with a company store-like entity.  

Okay, I didn't say it was a good story. I doubt if I will use this concept. Wait, it could be a part of an idea I had back in 2017. I wrote 750 words and named the file "water." It had a dorm like setting and the company store concept could work well. I just reread the piece. It's not bad; it needs work, but it's not too bad. I wonder if it can possibly be a part of my Temporals world. 

Just the other day I was reading about the International Women's Writing Guild summer conference. One of the seminars was "Exploring the Realm of Dreams for Inspiration, Motivation and Creative Problem Solving." 

Did just reading the description of the seminar trigger me to remember my dream and think about using it in my writing? Could this be synchronicity? 

I have to be open to the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment