Sunday, June 26, 2022

Revisiting Season One: Game of Thrones

After watching the Mets win last night, I found a marathon of Game of Thrones Season 1. We saw the last three episodes. It reminded me why this show was so special. Oh, by the way, I hated Shae from her second appearance. 

I saw the first season before I started to read the books. I've seen the episodes several times. I know the show much better than I know the books. Martin lost me in Book 4 and 5. He introduced too many characters, and I wanted to know what was going on with the core characters. I think he should have kept to his original trilogy idea--lengthwise--and then added/expanded on stories about peripheral characters in another series.

Back to Season One/Book One--The show did a good job casting. I especially liked how they aged the characters; it made much more sense. It was nice to see the (aged) young Arya, Bran, and Sansa. We saw them grow up on the show. 

I think Season One may have been the best of the series. Maybe I need to re-watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment