Saturday, June 11, 2022

Revisiting Dark Shadows

As I've written before, I was a big fan of Dark Shadows and proud to be an early adopter (watching pre-Barnabas.)  The Barnabas vampire story made the show a hit. When videos and DVDs became available, it was hard to find the earliest episodes. I remember a video that condensed some storylines to a few narrated scenes and stills.

Recently Jeff and I were exploring some of the new TV channels we got when we upgraded our cellphones. Jeff found a Dark Shadows channel on Pluto, and we watched the episode when Victoria Winters is found guilty of witchcraft in 1795. (We couldn't select what episodes to watch. )

Yesterday, I couldn't find the Dark Shadows channel on Pluto, so I searched for Dark Shadows and found a listing of Dark Shadows episodes and films through Prime and Tubi. We watched the storyline about Vicki being held prisoner by Matthew Morgan (associated with the Burke Devlin revenge and the murder of Bill Malloy--right hand man at Collins Cannery--storylines.) That leads into the Laura Collins Phoenix storyline. When I started watching Dark Shadows in the 60s, it was at the tail end of this story. For the record, we skipped some episodes. 

Wikipedia helpfully lists the major storylines and the episodes covering each story. That will help me watch future episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment