Thursday, June 23, 2022

Thursday Surprise

I answered the doorbell at 8 AM to see Ray a painter and two assistants to work on the ceilings in our baths and the living room. Damage in the baths are caused by our upstairs neighbor. The living room damage is related to the outside of the building. We had the exterior bricks sealed last week. 

Back to this morning, I didn't expect to see Ray. The condo super coordinates these kinds of repairs, and he forgot to give me a head's up. Of course, this happens on the day that Jeff and I slept in; Jeff was still in bed when Ray showed. I had been up about 30 minutes and was still in my nightgown and hadn't even had coffee yet. Ray said he could work on another unit and come back in 45 minutes. 

Ray and his assistants were here till around 3 and replaced both bathroom ceilings. The last time we had ceiling repairs, the property manager went the cheap route. I didn't realize until after I talked with Ray and our super that the cheap route was inadequate. At least now we'll get the proper ceiling material.

Sigh. I guess it will all be worth it next week. Ray will return on Monday--maybe he'll need another visit after that. More cleaning for me after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment