Sunday, January 19, 2014

Flotsam and Jetsam

Recently I was thinking that almost all of my writing has been here on this blog.  One of the things I like about blogging is its paradox: it's relatively permanent but posts are something you can quickly dash off.

The other day I saw a link on CNN.com (now gone) describing Jekyll and Hyde weather (the article remains.) I was calling it ricochet weather; Jekyll and Hyde better describes the emotional aspects.

Today is National Popcorn Day. Jeff and I had some from Popcorn, Indiana.

I also heard that it's National Walk Your Dog Month. At first I thought that was silly because you have to walk your dog year-round. But I remembered: some people don't walk their dogs at all, just let them out in the yard. It's better to walk them.

I read another resolution article yesterday. I didn't find it helpful--just another affirmation of how hard resolutions are and how people blow them off. I can't read these articles anymore; too pessimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment