Wednesday, January 1, 2014

You Say You Want a Resolution

We all want to change the world.  (Apologies to John Lennon,)

Random thoughts on resolutions.

I heard on the radio yesterday that the number one resolution is to lose weight. Does that mean that being thinner is the greatest thing that we can aspire to? Or are we brainwashed from all the diet and exercise machine commercials flooding the airwaves.

Shouldn't we want something more? Aren't other goals more worthy or important?

I can't judge--I don't have lofty goals. I would like to lose weight too.

The idea of resolution is optimistic. This year will be the year that I'll do whatever.

But, it's also a little pessimistic too--I need a whole year to do whatever.

Haven't seen any Nicoderm type commercials. Are smokers no longer a prime market segment?

Will the gym be extra crowded when I head back this week?

Do people really give up on their resolutions by January 21?

No comments:

Post a Comment