Friday, January 17, 2014

Gym Trash Reading

I read an article that suggested a way to keep New Year's resolutions by rewarding yourself. Here's an example: If your goal is to go to the gym more often and you like trashy books, only let yourself read The Hunger Games at the gym.

That really bugged me: not so much the advice, but the description of The Hunger Games as a trashy book. I wonder if that's prejudice because The Hunger Games is a young-adult book.

I don't read books at the gym myself; I read magazines. I often take my own magazines and recycle them when I'm finished. It's also fun to see what the gym has to offer. My trashy reading of choice are the tabloids. 

I haven't seen any tabloids recently. This week I read a TV Guide: Sleepy Hollow was on the cover--and Marie Claire--the November issue. I learned that flowers are big in cruise wear this year. I'm not going on any cruises, but at least I know what I would wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment