Sunday, January 12, 2014

Watching the Globes

I've always been a sucker for watching the Oscar and Emmy Awards shows. Now more award shows are televised: Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild, Independent Spirit, People's Choice, MTV, too many music shows to remember. I don't watch all of them; I concentrate on the acting awards shows.

I heard on the radio today that these shows are ratings gold because they're live, and considered un-DVRable, especially with live-blogging.

It isn't the immediacy of the programs that appeals to me. I can't name just one reason why I watch. They make me feel closer to movies, especially now when I don't go out to the movies anymore. I love to check out the clothes. At the Globes, it's fun to see who's sitting with whom. Tonight, the long walk to the stage by many winners is kind of bizarre. I guess the show's producers didn't think people like Jacqueline Bisset had a chance.

At least, people look like they're having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment