Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday Musings and Priorities

Today is my stepfather's birthday; he would have been 92. I wonder how my mother's life would be different if he had lived longer, if he hadn't smoked. His doctor told him all of his chronic health problems stemmed from smoking.

Jeff started a new work project today, so I'm on Lola duty during the week. I had three priorities for today. Get Lola out for a long walk before it started raining, go grocery shopping, do laundry.

I took Lola to Mathews Park and walked the Norwalk River Valley Trail to Oyster Shell Park. This was our usual hot summer day routine.

One of the first thing I noticed was a number of seagulls on the field at Oyster Shell. I guess they knew rain was coming.


We walked for an hour. Luckily I wasn't tired afterward. Yesterday Jeff and I walked the NRVT in Wilton. I started getting tired after 20 minutes. But the time we walked an hour, I was exhausted. I took a nap when we got home. Bonus at Oyster Shell: we also saw Ruby, a black and white Lab? mix who loves Lola.

I'm glad to report that I completed my three priorities for the day. I also took Halloween stuff back to our storage bin. That might have been too much, I was really tired after that. So an easy dinner for us.

Maybe more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment