Thursday, November 29, 2018

Turkey Soup

Jeff bought a turkey breast for Thanksgiving since I couldn't go out for dinner. The smallest he could get was three pounds. We ate turkey for Thanksgiving of course, had several turkey sandwiches, and I made turkey risotto on Monday. Lola has also enjoyed several turkey meals.

I've wanted to make some kind of turkey soup all week. But I've been too tired; bronchitis took more out of me than I realized.

Finally I made it this afternoon. I used the last of the vegetable broth I had used for the risotto and a box of chicken broth. I sliced garlic, onion, shallot, jalapeno, red pepper and carrot. I added spices, farro, and golden lentils.

I didn't have enough time to slow cook it. I put the crock pot on high for about two hours, before I lowered the heat and added the lentils. It still came out good. I have about two servings in the frig and another three or four in the freezer for future meals.

Next up either pumpkin soup or marinara sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment