Saturday, November 24, 2018

My Day Out

I don't think I've been outside since Monday when I discovered I had bronchitis. I've been resting and keeping quiet. With each day, I've felt a little better.

Today I had a SAT tutoring appointment. I felt well enough to make it work. Afterward I returned The Romanov Sisters to the library, then came right back home. I told myself that I shouldn't try to do too much just because I was feeling better. Well doing too much wasn't a problem--I could barely keep my eyes open this afternoon.

***

On my way home, I drove through Ridgefield; the downtown is decked out in Christmas decorations. I saw three or four cars pass by with Christmas trees roped to their roofs. As I traveled down Route 123, I saw Santa Claus overlooking the road from a balcony. Other homes still had Thanksgiving arrays of pumpkins.

31 days to Christmas. I wish I could approach it joyously, but that's not happening. I don't feel like decorating. Just need to get through the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment