Thursday, November 21, 2019

Wardrobe Update

Over the summer, I took a long look at my clothes. Part of it was because I needed a dress for our niece's wedding, part was because I noticed some of my clothes were getting a bit shabby. I threw out the worst (a pair of shorts) relegated others (some shorts, skorts, and capris ) to the "around the house/dog park" wardrobe.

I tried on everything I hadn't worn in a while. I gave  away the things that didn't work for me to Goodwill. I needed to shop.

I've never been extravagant with clothes. My wedding dress cost less than $300. I buy most of my clothes on sale or at factory outlets. That's what I tried this summer. I had some success: I replaced some short sleeved and long sleeved v-neck tee shirts, found a good selection of dressier blouses, and a pair of flat sandals. There were another few finds: a teal pencil skirt and a tee shirt dress.

Then I realized that I had only two pairs of jeans. I bought five. Some weren't on sale. I decided I didn't have to wait for sales when I needed clothes. One item was a warm pair of jeans with flannel lining. I'd wanted a pair for years; Jeff had a few; he didn't have the same (mental) limitations that I did. I also got a pair of Tevo sandals.

I recently noticed that my fall sweater is looking worse for wear. I might not find another as nice as it, but I'll just have to try.

I may nurture my clothes over the long run, but they can't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment