Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Another Week

Last week we didn't have writing class. I took my time on my assignment due yesterday, finished my first draft of my essay on Thursday and left it for awhile. I revisited it Sunday.

We tried a new technique in collage class which was fun. We used spray glue and pressed some kind of glitter paper on our work, and then quickly pulled it off. It left splotches of glitter on the page. It looked good but too much glitter landed on my text. I want to try it again.

I went to Jerry's Artarama's Sunday, but the person working didn't know about the paper. I got spray glue, mixed media paper, and a mixed media notebook. It's a fun store, but Jeff and Lola were waiting in the car for me, so I didn't linger.

I participated in a Zoom memoir writing workshop on Saturday. I didn't like that the session started 10 minutes after the start time. I think things should start as scheduled, and latecomers should deal with that. I didn't like the prompt. We had a half hour to write, and I wrote something rambling. The instructor was positive in his comments, but I felt that I missed the mark. 

We've been in a warm spell and we're taking advantage of it: taking Lola for long walks and sitting outside for drinks and dinner. Tonight we went to Sedona Tap House for charity steak night; it will probably be our last time this year. We also only have two potential DPF's left before Daylight Saving Time ends. Last Friday, it rained most of the day. 

On Monday I started another week with my writing class. My last collage day of this session was today. I'm getting my hair done on Wednesday. Thursday I'm starting a zoom CrimeCONN Express 2020. I'm most excited about my visit to the Whitney Museum to see the Mexican Muralists exhibit. I had planned to make a day of it in the spring when it warmed up. Well, that didn't happen because of Covid-19. The Museum re-opened, and I figured I better go before it gets cold again. 

I'm still struggling with getting all my exercise and cleaning in. There's no good reason for it. It must just be my lack of prioritizing. Time to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment