Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Murky Morning; Dreary Day

Murky morning is how a WCBS--radio anchor described today. It's been a murky week or so. Many mornings have been both foggy and soggy. I wondered if we had suddenly been relocated to the Pacific Northwest or even London. Unfortunately, none of these soggy days gave us the rain we desperately need, but tomorrow and Friday may bring that.

I listened to the radio on my trip to the dentist (not like Veronica's.) It was my first visit in a year. I had postponed my six month checkup when I thought the Covid-19 shutdown would only last for a month. 

I've never talked politics with my dentist before, but today he said something like there was an agenda to shut down New York City. He turned on a video in which a doctor said kids needed to go to school without mitigating factors such as masks and social distancing. He didn't even start to look at my teeth. I told him I didn't want to watch the video. Later we had a more normal conversation for us about the Mets. 

It got me thinking about how murky the whole world is now. I can't understand how people can deny the Covid-19 virus. I don't like wearing masks, but can't understand how it violates someone's civil rights. 

It's one week until the election. I haven't voted because I had volunteered to be a poll worker. They don't need me, and I tossed my mail-in ballot. Oh well, we'll go early. One article suggested you should carry your own pen. Our polling place uses another kind of marker; I don't want to chance a pen. I can carry disinfectant wipes or wear gloves. That should work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment