Thursday, October 15, 2020

Beach Days

Now that October is here, many of the local beaches are open to dogs. Alas, not Norwalk. (The exception is Bradley Beach in Rowayton--pets are allowed from November 1 through March 31--but I'm not sure if I'm ever allowed. I'm not a resident of 6TD.)

This month, we've taken Lola to Cove Island Beach in Stamford, and Compo and Sherwood Island Beaches in Westport. Today was our second visit to Sherwood Island, Connecticut's first state park that covers 235 acres (compared to Compo's 29 acres.)

Lola's been going to Sherwood Island for about two years. In a cold winter, I started going there because the access roads were always paved. This was after a few tough times getting around Oyster Shell and Taylor Farm parks in Norwalk. Plus Sherwood Island has many different areas for Lola to explore. 

It hit the 70's today; I know those days are numbered. We have to enjoy them when we can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment