Friday, October 23, 2020

Book 19: Return to the Ice Limit by Preston & Child

I read The Ice Limit in June 2018. Apparently fans wanted to know what happened after the book ended. I wanted more of Eli Glinn myself. I finished Beyond the Ice Limit over the weekend. 

In The Ice Limit, Eli Glinn and his company Effective Engineering Solutions are on a mission to recover the largest meteorite ever found. The mission was a complete failure resulting in over 100 deaths, grieveous injuries, and the loss of the meteorite itself to the bottom of the ocean.

The worst thing is the meterorite is not a real meteorite, but some kind of organism from outer space, and it's growing. 

Some Preston and Child books require suspension of disbelief--they sound strange when I try to describe the plotlines. This was one of those, but it was so well plotted, I didn't care.

I'm still ambivalent about Gideon Crew as a character. There's only one more book in Gideon series, so I'll read that. Actually, I already started. It seemed easier to just pick it up, than to chose among other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment