Friday, October 9, 2020

Self Image

I'm not sure why I haven't written since Monday. I had an idea to write about laundry woes, but the subject was too trivial--instead I journaled about it. I have a corona journal in which I write about every day issues and gripe a lot. 

I wasn't pleased with my last writing assignment for my class. I tried for whimsical and failed. My work for this week's assignment was much better and was well-received. 

The instructor for my collage and multi-media class said I had really advanced in just a few weeks. I was dumbfounded and pleased. She is very encouraging, but I thought it was just because I was the least trained in the class. Then she asked me and another student if we had Instagram accounts. It never occurred to me to have an Instagram account.

This got me thinking: am I an artist? I've never really thought of myself that way. It took me a long time to think of myself as a writer and as a writer, an artist. Can I be a legit artist? That seems beyond me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment