Friday, October 30, 2020

Curried Chicken Soup

Monday I went grocery shopping and got two rotisserie chickens. Tuesday I made broth. Thursday I made this soup. Usually when I make a recipe for the first time, I follow it closely. This time, I made a few changes: red onion instead of yellow, a mix of spinach and kale instead of just spinach. I put in half of the the amount of greens called for. The recipe serves four; there are only two us. I didn't want extra wilted greens. I also added garlic because we love it. I'll definitely make it again--probably a bigger batch so I can freeze some. 

Soup was a good choice yesterday as we were hit with the remnants of Hurricane Zeta. Today temperatures plunged, we even got some wet snow and sleet. Hot chocolate helped with the chill. 

Tomorrow we'll finish the vodka sauce I made a few weeks ago. I need to decide what to make next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment