Sunday, October 11, 2020

Sono Arts Festival--The Gallery Walk

One of the things I've missed most in these Covid months was going to art shows and festivals. Luckily the Sono Arts Festival was re-imagined as a gallery walk--basically a pop-up event in empty storefronts. 

We were lucky enough to have warm weather and took advantage of it. We walked down to Sono and had  lunch at O'Neill's. Our friend John had recommended the curry French fries which were very good. In the shops, we saw some artists that we had seen at previous shows as well as artists that were new to us. One used mixed media and collage. We discussed his techniques, and I told him about my class.

I also saw the woman who has made several of my pocketbooks. I showed her the one I was carrying, and at first she thought I was buying it today. I was tempted, but refrained from buying another. 

On the way home, we did a loop around Oyster Shell Park. 

Tomorrow will be another nice day: we'll take advantage of it while we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment