Saturday, November 6, 2021

Fall Back

Daylight Saving Time ends tomorrow morning. Traditionally you changed the clocks on the Daylight Saving eve, so you'd have the correct time displayed when you woke the next day. Now cable box clocks, cell phones, and smart clocks adjust to the correct time. You just have to change times on appliance, battery operated, and car clocks.

I remember the first year with my new clock radio. I didn't know it was a smart clock and changed the time and was too hours off. Luckily it didn't take me too long to figure that out. It's rough when your clock is smarter than you.

Today I wrote a companion piece to my poem Spring Forward.

Fall Back

Eight months later

in a chill November night

The government’s payback

for the hour they stole.

I’m glad to have the hour back

but that’s not enough

I want interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment