Friday, November 19, 2021

Morning Girl

Jeff used to call me morning girl because I walked Spike in the morning. Jeff took the night walk, and whoever got home first walked Spike in the late afternoon/early evening. 

Lately I'm thinking of myself as another kind of morning girl. I've gotten better about getting up with the alarm at 6:30. More importantly, I'm better at getting things done earlier, instead of lingering over my coffee and my journal. Full disclosure: I'm in a bit of a slow mode this morning. I'm writing this over coffee. I've done the NYT mini crossword and am working on the NYT Spelling Bee while I plan my day. 

During the early days of the pandemic, I started food shopping during the senior hours. While I don't get up to shop at 6 anymore, I do like food shopping in the early morning (before 9.) It's much less crowded than later hours. I've also started ordering lunchmeat online which beats waiting around at the deli counter.  

As long as I'm up at 6:30, it's easy to throw on sweats and a t-shirt and head down to the laundry room. I've been doing this for about a month and usually have the laundry room to myself. Twice people came down as I was finishing up. 

Other days I write. Last Saturday, I finished a story due for Monday's class before listening an Independent Author panel at 9. 

I am a work in progress, and I'm happy for that progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment