Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Thoughts on Nano

In November, my thoughts turn to Nanowrimo. A few months ago, I told myself I would definitely participate. Now, I'm not going to do it. I have two books that I want to write. I previously started one and am doing research on the other. According to the official Nano rules, you can plan and outline, but not actually start writing until 12:01 AM on November 1st. A friend asked if I had to be so exact about the rules. No, but why bother signing up if I'm not going to follow the rules? I can use Nano as an inspiration for word counts even though I'm failing at writing so far this month. (I've only worked on two stories for my class--editing one on Monday morning and starting another last night whoo hoo 87 words.)

Not writing or minimal writing triggers those annoying questions including--am I really a writer? The only way to answer that is to keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment