Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Full of Stories

The other day I was searching for my keys and found a scrap of paper. It was from the end of this article. At a car graveyard, Neil Young says, "Every car is full of stories."

I love the thought.

I started to think about a car as a narrative device. Stephen Young wrote Christine as some kind of haunted car (I saw the movie, but don't think I read the book.)  I also heard about this film, The Yellow Rolls-Royce, in which the car is a way to link three stories of its owners.

I often try to imagine myself into situations. One time, I saw a couple in a red convertible drive past me. Where were we going? What did the wind feel like as it whipped through my hair? 

"Every car is full of stories."

Can we read them or are they lost forever?




No comments:

Post a Comment