Sunday, June 23, 2013

Let's Go Mets!

Sometimes, I can't help myself; I still get excited about the Mets. Earlier this week, they won three out of five games in Atlanta.They beat the Phillies in the Friday night series opener. Yesterday, they made a valiant effort, coming back from a 7-1 deficit to tie the game, before the Phillies scored on a walk-off home run.

Today the Mets shut out the Phillies 8-0. And that's not all. Matt Harvey (7-1, 2.05 ERA) pitched six scoreless innings and became the first Mets starting pitcher to record two wins at Citizens Bank Park in a season. David Wright became only the ninth Met (the first since my beloved Edgardo Alfonso) to get four extra-base hits in a game (two doubles, a triple and a home run.)

The Mets hit a season-high 10 extra base hits to win their third shutout victory of the season. Finally, for the first time ever, the Mets won a series in Atlanta and in Philadelphia on the same road trip. Baseball stats can be so much fun.

I know the Mets are still 12 games under .500. It's a long way to get to a winning record. But I have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment