Sunday, June 23, 2013

Netflix Movie Night: Cloud Atlas

Cloud Atlas

In a word: intriguing.

The film tells six inter-related stories spanning centuries (1849 to 2321--106 winters after the fall.)  It was well-acted and held my attention, even though I was a bit confused about how the stories were related.

It was intriguing to see a series of actors playing multiple roles (including Tom Hanks, Jim Broadbent, Halle Berry, Susan Sarandon Hugo Weaving, Hugh Grant.) Sometimes, they were unrecognizable. But, I did not like the scenes when non-Asian actors were made up to look Asian. In most cases, they looked ridiculous, like Marlon Brando in The Teahouse of the August Moon back in 1956. The bad make-up took me out of the scenes.

Still, it's the kind of film that I'd like to watch a few more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment