Wednesday, October 5, 2016

LGM

Silly me--I saw LGM on comments to this post and it took me a while to figure out what it meant.

LET'S GO METS.

Tonight is the National League wild card game.

The Mets won the National League wild card before in 2000. This was before there were two wild cards and a winner-take-all game.

I've thought a lot about this season compared to last season. At the beginning of the 2015 season, I would have been happy with a winning season. The Mets provided much more than that. Some (such as John Smoltz) say the Mets paid the price for that successful season with the injuries suffered by the 2016 pitching staff.

Obviously Smoltz knows more about that than I do.

What I think about is how sweeter it would be for the Mets to reach the Wild Card last year and the World Series this year. Of course, I haven't given up on the Mets reaching the World Series this year.

It's just the idea of expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment