Saturday, October 29, 2016

Thanks TCM

I love classic horror movies: recent movies are too gory, too torture-y for me. I searched Netflix, Amazon, Crackle and pay-per-view lists; I only found  one film that interested me: the sub-titled version of The Vampire's Coffin, a sequel to The Vampire. I first saw these films on a late night chiller theater type show out of Philadelphia, probably on Channel 48. 

The Vampire is the better film of the two, though I haven't seen it in awhile. The Vampire's Coffin has a good scene with the Count stalking a young woman, shot mostly in shadows. I also liked the setting of the museum of torture devices--of course someone meets s a gruesome death there.

Last night TCM set things right with a a roster of classic horror.

We recorded several films, watched Boris Karloff in The Mummy last night and Bela Lugosi as Dracula today. Six more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment