Thursday, January 19, 2017

Disappointing Returns

The holidays are over, and regular TV shows are returning.

Unfortunately, a few shows have been lackluster.

I'll start with Sherlock.This show hasn't been on in a year, and only one episode appeared last year. This year was a full season of three episodes. I liked the first two episodes. I couldn't stand the third. It was gruesome, with an overly complex, muddled psychological analysis. The rumor is the season finale is also the series finale. If so, the show is ending on a bad note.

Gotham's fall finale concluded with two cliffhangers: Gordon shooting Lee's husband Mario (on their wedding day) and Bruce, Alfred and Selina in trouble with the Court of Owls. One episode later, Jim's off the hook for killing Mario, and all Bruce and company seem to care about is Selina's mother. I would have liked to see a little more on both cliffhanger stories.

Then there's Sleepy Hollow. I was angry when the show killed off Abbie Mills. Jeff told me the actress wanted off the show. Okay, maybe I'm overreacting. Apparently the writers decided they had to change pretty much everything else: a new setting and a (mostly) new supporting cast. For me the worst change is Abbie's role as witness will be taken over by a young girl. I'll give it a few more episodes, but I don't think I'll continue to watch for long.

More free time for me, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment