Friday, January 27, 2017

More Favorite Films

One of my first posts listed my five favorite movies. I decided to expand my list. I'm not putting this in any particular order.

The Best Years of Our Lives: I wrote about it here. It's a great film with a wonderful cast.

All About Eve: One of Bette's best performances--posted about this film too.

F/X: I learned to appreciate Brian Dennehy from this film.

The Hidden: just re-watched this tonight after years. It still holds up.

It's A Wonderful Life: not just a Christmas favorite.

Laura: Dana Andrews falls in love with a murder victim, or did he?

Double Indemnity: a classic noir

Too Late For Tears: a rediscovered noir

The Sea Hawk: swashbuckling Errol Flynn at his best

Nancy Drew and The Hidden Staircase: Bonita Granville may not be the Nancy Drew of the books, but she's fun.

Black Sunday and Kiss of the Vampire: 60's movie matinee horror at its best

Smart Blonde: the first Torchy Blane film

Auntie Mame: have this on the DVR to rewatch soon.

Little Miss Sunshine: a crazy road trip, Proust, a self-help course and a beauty contest

Silver Linings Playbook: I need to rewatch this to see if I still like it as much as I did.

Marked Woman: Bette against the gangster responsible for her sister's death

Dick: the "true" story of Watergate

No comments:

Post a Comment