Saturday, January 14, 2017

Rose Petals and Imagination

The other day I was walking with Lola at Taylor Farm and saw a bunch of rose petals strewn along a path through the woods.


I noticed three other piles as we continued.

It got me thinking: where did the petals come from? I don't remember seeing any rose bushes at Taylor Farm. Plus it's January. Someone had to have brought the roses to the park.

There has to be a story.

I wondered whether someone had brought a bouquet of roses to congratulate a friend or wish someone a happy birthday. Maybe someone was trying to make up with a significant other.

Maybe there's some sort of rose petal ritual that I don't know about (a la the loves me, he loves me not with daisy petals.)

I love the recognition of a spark--the thing that gets my imagination going.

My imagination didn't get too far with the rose petals, but they were the reminder to keep my eyes and my mind open.

No comments:

Post a Comment