Monday, January 9, 2017

Time-Tracking and Goals

I decided to try time-tracking again. I didn't follow through on my first and second attempts. At least I did my time-tracking online last year so I can refer back to that timesheet. I'm tracking online again this year too.

I added a new goal to my list: to read 12 books this year. I think I only read six last year.  (In my defense, two were very long.) I finished a book today. Technically I may have started it in the last week of 2016, but I'm not sure. I'll count it in 2017.

I've been thinking a lot about career goals. I already get daily emails with job listings. In fact, I spent several hours today applying to a job. But I need to do more. I decided to start working 10 hours each week on career goals. I know experts say you have to work full time to find a job, but I already have a part-time job. So I'll start with the 10 hours. As I wrote my cover letter today, I realized I need to update my resume expansion for recent jobs. I first did the expansion when I lost a corporate job--it was a good exercise. I'll also use some of that time to get back in touch with contacts, research job opportunities.

Writing goals are still vague. I identified two pieces to work on, but no timetables or page goals yet. I'll keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment