Tuesday, November 14, 2017

A Substitute Post: Warning, Complaints Ahead

Writing a daily post is harder this year than it's been previously. I haven't been blogging regularly. I'm trying to plan my posts--thinking about specific dates for specific posts, and then what I can write on any day, such as TV, movie and reading topics.

I had planned to do a wrap-up post on our weekend getaway. It was successful for the most part.

But I don't feel like writing about that now. It's late, and I want to complain about my day in bullet points.
  • I got locked out of my work website
  • I called IT Support around 8:20 AM; the message didn't bother to tell me that I'd get no help before 9. I didn't know if I should wash my hair/take out Lola. I didn't want to miss the call.
  • I couldn't review a student's score in my second work website without an student ID. 
  • I requested the ID but didn't get one.
  • When I finally got into the first website, I couldn't view my student.
  • Hurricane Irma limited the veggies I could buy at the supermarket (shallow and selfish, I know--but this is my complaint) 
  • I got an annoying email implying it was my fault that a meeting hadn't occurred. I previously said when I was available.
  • I didn't have the copy of a test that I thought I had--and needed it for a tutoring session this afternoon. Quick stop at the office required. Almost made it on time except for a school bus stop. 
It helps to vent (thank you Jeff.) It helps to write everything down to see how petty it all can be. I've got to learn to ignore the petty stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment