Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Today at Bradley Park

I haven't gone to the gym in a while (I don't want to check just how long.) Today I chose to take Lola to Bradley Park. As long as I don't let Lola take me off a main trail, we get a good 30 to 40 minute fairly vigorous hike. At Bradley, the paths are rough with tree roots, stones and branches, now covered in dead leaves. We walk up hills and climb stone walls.

Bradley is a little off the beaten trail--I would have never found it by chance. Luckily, a man I met walking Lola at Schenck's Island told me about it.

Usually Lola and I have the park to ourselves-all 82 acres. Today was no exception. The temperatures were only in the 40's, but it was sunny and pleasant. Lola bounded up and down hills, sniffed out scents and tried to dig under fallen tree trunks.

I thought of Spike and how lucky we were to be able to let him go off leash. Lola remains tethered to me for her own good (and my peace of mind.) She still enjoys herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment