Thursday, November 2, 2017

The Baseball Season Ends Tonight

I love baseball.

Yes, the games are too long.

Yes, there are too many commercials.

No, I don't like the juiced balls.

But Game Sevens are awesome.

The season started off well for the Mets. Soon things went south. I guess the Mets season was over in June, though I still continued to watch and hope.

As the post season started, I was rooting for the Cleveland Indians. They had come so close to winning last year and had the longest World Series winning drought. The Yankees eliminated them in the first round.

I don't like the Yankees. I'd only root for them if they were playing the cannibal Nazis. I don't like the Nationals. There was a year when I rooted for them. It must have been before Bryce Harper; I can't stand him.

I worried that with my luck 2017 would bring a World Series of Yankees v. Nationals. At least I was spared that.

So I rooted for Houston in the ALCS. I was ambivalent about the Dodgers/Chicago.

Onto the World Series. I would not have selected these teams. But: We may not always get the world champion we want, but we’re definitely getting the world championship we deserve.

I'm rooting for Houston. They've never won a world series, and the city's recovering from a hurricane. My sister used to say we don't root outside our league. As much as I hate the designated hitter, I don't feel the same way.

As I wrote that last line, they did it. Congratulations Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment