Sunday, November 19, 2017

Jake-Sitting

Yesterday Jeff, Lola and I headed up to Ridgefield. We're watching Jake when his family is away for Thanksgiving (returning on Friday.)

Jake is a sweet, mellow dog. He and Lola get along by mostly ignoring each other. He doesn't seem to mind if she sleeps on his bed or chews on his bones or toys. I did have to reprimand Lola when she growled at Jake when he came too close to the two of us. Jake didn't seem to mind.

Today the four of us went to Ridgefield's Bark Park. The dog park's been redesigned (maybe relocated) since our last visit with Spike. Lola and Jake seemed to enjoy it. I started with Lola in the small dog area (under 40 pounds.) After a few minutes, she tried to climb up the fence dividing the small and large dog areas. So I took her over to the big dog side where Jeff and Jake were. Lola seemed more comfortable there. We stayed for about 40 minutes.

I'll return tomorrow and/or Tuesday: I can't walk both dogs on my own. Jeff's working from "home" Wednesday, so that will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment