Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving Day

When I was growing up, we would eat Thanksgiving dinner around 4 PM.  Today Jeff and I went to visit his parents, ate at noon and were done by 1:30. I'm still getting used to early holiday meals. Jeff's dad resides in the health center; we took him to the main dining room today. He enjoys seeing people that he usually doesn't see.

Unfortunately he wasn't feeling well. After dessert, he went back to his room to take a nap. I don't think he even finished his coffee. We visited a bit more with Jeff's mother before returning to take the dogs to the Bark Park. There weren't many dogs there, but Jake played with a black lab named Carly. Lola ran around a little on her own.

My brother and his wife had Thanksgiving dinner with my mother at 11 AM. That's too early for me. Today was also Jim's birthday, so he wanted to spend it with mom. Jeff and I will probably see her on Saturday for dinner. 

A few years ago I speculated about future Christmases. I'm starting to wonder about Thanksgivings as well. We'll make sure to enjoy ourselves whatever develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment