Monday, November 13, 2017

Getaway Hangover

We were only away for two nights, but there's a nice feeling of getting back home.

Unfortunately, I also experience vacation hangover. We got home around 4, ordered takeout pizza, and I made a salad of organic greens, did a little unpacking and then vegged. It was Outlander night.

I felt bad because Jeff had to get up at 5:30 to go to work. Then I felt bad for me because I had to drive him to the train station at 6:30.

My car was at the auto repair shop. My original $600-700 estimated repair cost doubled because a mechanical problem created a safety issue. I have an old car. I always second guess myself about putting more money into it. But it's less money to fix my current car than to get a new one. When we were at Interlaken, I was able to compartmentalize and just not think about my car. But this morning I woke up around 4, worrying about money to fix it. Ugh.

I was homebody for most of the day: unpacking, running the dishwasher and doing laundry. I picked up my car around four, then took Lola to the dog park. Have to take care of my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment