Saturday, December 25, 2021

A Christmas Dreary

We slept in today, especially appropriate on a dark, dreary day like today. I made Christmas breakfast--a tradition we resurrected last year. 

It was just the two of us today, and it was just as well. After I cooked the turkey breast at 350 degrees, I turned up the oven to 400 degrees to re-heat the scalloped potatoes and the stuffing and cook the biscuits. Unfortunately, the oven wouldn't get any hotter. I thought maybe I had messed up. I turned off the oven and restarted it. The oven wouldn't get any hotter. 

Luckily we have a double oven and a new, fancy toaster oven. I heated the stuffing and potatoes in the upper oven (it's small and we usually use it only for broiling) and made the biscuits in the toaster oven. At least I had cooked the turkey in the main oven; it wouldn't have fit in the other two. Dinner was better late than never. 

We watched some Christmas movies: It's a Wonderful Life is on now.

Merry Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment