Thursday, December 2, 2021

Sustainable Change

I got an email from Laura Vanderkam yesterday, and it was helpful. To paraphrase and summarize, Laura says the end of the year isn't a finish line. You'll have the same schedule and challenges on January 3rd or 4th as you have today. Rather than wait until the new year to resolve to do something, try it today.  

It's not that I'm waiting until the New Year to do things. But I often find myself so distracted by the day-to-day to-dos that I don't focus on what I really want and need to be doing. If I can't do some writing today, it may mean my goal in unrealistic. That's a scary thought for me--I want to write two books. But this exercise could help me into a more productive, problem-solving mode. That's what I hope and need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment