Monday, December 27, 2021

2021: The Year in Review: Part One

I usually wait until the year is over before reviewing it. I recently heard a segment on the radio about preparing for performance reviews. The report was focused on the workplace, even though performance reviews aren't as popular as they used to be. I thought it would  be a good exercise to start a review of my personal performance.

Covid-19 overshadowed this year as well as last year. By this time last year, a vaccine (maybe two) had been developed, but it was available only to a few. We started the year sheltering and were careful throughout the year. Jeff's health problems were also challenging, and so were Lola's to a lesser extent. 

I'm the healthy one. I took care of all my long neglected health check-ups and tests, got necessary vaccinations. I returned to the gym in June (Jeff too.) Lola is helping me stay healthy too by our daily walks. I am exercising most days between gym visits, walking Lola, and working out at home (mostly stretching.) I'll list my number of gym visits when the year is over. 

As usual, we've done our alcohol fast. It starts after New Year's Day, depending on what day New Year's is. In 2022, we'll probably start Monday January 3rd and end on Valentine's Day (a Friday.) I was proud this year that I wasn't tempted to drink while Jeff was in the hospital. (Similarly, I didn't drink the year I broke my ankle in the wee hours of New Year's Day. Both events would have given me good excuses.)

Looking back at the 2021 goals I posted, they are incomplete and somewhat sketchy. My goal to read 30 books was specific. To date, I've read 33 and re-read five books. I may finish my current book and and list them.

Another specific goal was to write 200 blog posts. This is my 187th. This goal is doable as long as I have enough of interest (at least to me) to post. I've been in a bit of writing/posting mood so I'm feeling optimistic about this. We'll see. 

More to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment