Saturday, December 11, 2021

Book 32: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

This is the second book in the Outlander series ( I read the first in 2017) and corresponds to the second season of the TV series. Overall, I enjoyed the book, though it could have been edited more. 

The TV adaptation did a good job of condensing and revising scenes. I loved the way a scene dissolved from the 1940's when Claire and Frank disembark from a plane in Boston to Claire and Jamie arriving in France in the 1840's. I liked that Jamie did not serve as a witness at Mary and Jonathan's wedding, and I especially liked that Mary killed her rapist on the show.

I'm not sure if I'll continue with the book series. The first part of Season Three dragged, but I liked the second half. I guess I'll see what I find at future book sales. 

No comments:

Post a Comment