Friday, December 17, 2021

Writer's Remorse

A few times this week, I got up with the alarm with specific plans: do laundry, make turkey chili (my first attempt was a success; I wish I had made more) make spaghetti sauce. 

This morning as I lay in bed around 5 A.M. I realized I had no specific plans for my morning (except go to the gym.) I decided to work on my book for at least an hour (my fiction book, not my non-fiction book that I'm still researching.) 

I sat down at my computer and opened Word. I saw a poem that I recently wrote based on the latest Dune film. I noticed that it wasn't listed in my poems folder. I resaved it.

I worked a bit on my story. Then I went back to my folders. I had a Documents folder within a Documents folder and a Poems folder within a Poems folder. How did I do that? 

I figured I should consolidate the folders.

Soon, an hour-and-a half had passed. How did I do with my writing: 147 words. I feel like Lisa Simpson in The Book Job and Roseanne in whatever episode she procrastinated about writing. 

Sigh.

Try, try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment